Please download the latest version of the app! Then follow these steps:
1. Please make sure you've downloaded our most recent app update (released 2/8/2021)
2. Check the status of your connection on the Home screen:
3. If it’s disconnected, click the “Connect” button. If you’ve previously connected your Cubii and all necessary settings are enabled, it will then reconnect.
4. If Bluetooth is not enabled on your device, then you will see the message below. Please click “Grant Access” and then “Allow.” Now you will be reconnected.
5. If you have not granted the Cubii app location permission, then you will see the message below. Please click “Grant Access” and then “Allow.” Now you will be reconnected.
6. If you have not enabled GPS on your device, then you will see the message below. Please click “Grant Access” and then “OK.” Now you will be reconnected.
For the best user experience, we highly recommend updating to our newest version of the app. However, if you're still operating on versions prior to 5.1, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. First, make sure that your device is connected, as indicated on the app by the green checkmark to the left of your Cubii Device. Please see screenshots below for how to connect to your device:
After trying the steps above, if you are still having issues connecting your Android device to your Cubii, you may need to clear your Bluetooth Cache and Bluetooth Data. Following these steps should help resolve the problem:
1. Manually disconnect from your Cubii by following the steps below:
2. Close the Cubii app
3. Go to Settings
4. Select 'Application Manager' or on some devices 'Apps'
5. Choose 'Show system apps' (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the 3-dot menu in the top right corner)
6. Select 'Bluetooth' from the now larger list of applications
7. Select 'Storage'
8. Tap 'Clear cache' and 'Clear data'
9. Restart your phone
If clearing your cache and data did not help, please try resetting your Network Settings:
1. Open the 'Settings' app on your Android device
2. Scroll down and tap either 'General Management' or 'System', depending on what device you have
3. Tap on 'Reset' or 'Reset Options', depending on what device you have
4. Tap on 'Reset Network Settings'
5. Confirm that you want to reset your network settings
If you're still not connecting, please try these steps:
1. Uninstall the Cubii app and install it again from the Play Store. Only connect to your phone directly through the Cubii app.
2. You can also try hard-resetting your Cubii by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Please watch this tutorial video for instructions on how to reset your Cubii Pro battery.
NOTE: The app is compatible only with Android OS version 7.0 or above and Apple iOS version 12.0 and above. For iOS and Android, make sure you only connect to your Cubii device through the Cubii App, not through your Bluetooth menu. Also, make sure that you are actively pedaling the Cubii when trying to connect. It will not appear under 'Available Devices' unless you are pedaling.
NOTE: The app only syncs data when it is open and running, therefore, if you used your Cubii but didn't open the app afterwards, then the data will not "dump" until the next time you open up the app. The app will automatically reset all stats back to zero at midnight each night. At this time, there is no way to manually reset back to zero. To make sure that your data is syncing for the correct day, just open up your app at the end of each day or after your final usage of the Cubii for that workout session.
NOTE: The Cubii does not have a "real-time" live clock and so it will store data in an offline mode when you are not connected to the app. Meaning, that if you pedal on your Cubii for any amount of time but are not connected to the app whilst doing so, the data will be stored internally until the next time it is synced with the app. All data points, except for "Time," will upload. Therefore, "Miles," "Strides," and "Calories," will store and sync accordingly, but since there is no "real-time" live clock, the "Time" you pedaled for will not sync once you connect. To prevent losing time accuracy, always keep your app open and running while you are using the Cubii. Furthermore, to ensure that all your data is "dumping" into the correct day, make sure that you connect to the app when you finish your daily workout. That way, all your stats will sync properly and you won't get data mixed up between days.